Many people will now have seen the latest guidance from the England & Wales Cricket Board in relation to the ever-changing situation from the UK Government around Covid-19 (the Coronavirus)
These are undoubtedly uncertain times. As a cricket club, we wish to offer the most support we possibly can to our club members and players.
- We will continue to provide regular updates whenever we can to our local community, keeping everyone informed of the latest information as we receive it.
- We will continue to work closely with our members and committee to ensure where we can, that disruption is minimised if at all possible.
- We will work with relevant people at our club to support you in being ready to ‘restart’ once this situation is eased and cricket can reconvene.
We would also like to take this opportunity to reiterate some key points around the ECB’s recent communication:
- Cricket activity is currently suspended for the time being. There are no definitive time scales on this because the situation is being monitoring on a daily basis as it is evolving rapidly. We want to be in the best position to re-activate cricket when we get the chance.
- All recreational cricket activity in the county (and indeed the country) has been suspended with immediate effect until further notice. We firmly believe we all have a social responsibility to robustly follow the advice given.
- Please be assured we are working very hard behind the scenes to continue the development and readiness for cricket – once we get the green light.
Thank you for all your continued support for our great game, and most importantly: STAY SAFE.